Welcome to Confident Hannah

An inspiration blog for career women and others who want to live their life to the fullest. Core message of this blog is: don't ever let anyone tell you who you are, own your life, or decide what you can or can't accomplish! Live your life, live your dream.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Book Suggestions

I got a few questions if I had good suggestions on what to read and also around my female brain theories. Here are some top-of-the-head tips:

- The no asshole rule --- Helped me deal with unprofessionals
- The female brain --- Helped me understand why I sometimes feel like my brain is going wild and perhaps why it seems like men think so differently sometimes
- The five disfunctions of a team --- Helped me understand what can be improved in various teams
- Blink --- Helped me trust my instinct more, with some logical explanaition to why some decisions just "feel" right
- To kill a Mockingbird --- It helped me feel strong when I needed to be strong, and it reinforced the thought that the whole world may be wrong sometimes. One of my favorite books of all times. So I just have to include it here if someone has forgotten to read it.

I also recommend various reading on the power of speach, retoric, and communication. Thank you for arguing being one of the books I appreciate in that area..

If you have read some great books to self realization or strength building, please feel free to share in your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment